Wednesday 5 February 2014

Protagonist Diary Entry ('Country Life'.)

'Country Life' - Jason's Diary.

His diary would most likely be written as an online blog. Probably only running for a year or two until he has other problems in his life to deal with, although would be filled with confidence that he will become a successful millionaire within a short amount of time after moving to the city, although this never happens and his finances actually take a nose dive downhill.

Names and locations wouldn't be hidden - and instead would be made clear, seeing as he is so confident about the way things are going. It would be extremely optimistic, however there would also be a number of ranting journal entries about various things that annoy him throughout the day.


The diary entry of the most important day of their life before the events that take place in the film would be the day that he moved to the city, despite his father frowning upon the idea from the very start. Jason himself believes that he'll become rich and famous almost instantly, and has big hopes and expectations of the city, and doesn't particularly realise that things won't turn out exactly the way he planned.

It's also the day that his father hired Anne to help on the farm now that Jason will not be around.



Diary Entry.


1st of January, 2005.
'New Year, New Start.'

I apologise for my lack of blog entries over the last couple of days, things have been rather hectic with the move. You know how it is. Boxes and boxes of things to be packed, and then somehow finding away to ship everything over to the States. It's expensive, but I know it'll be worth it. There's nothing left here on this farm anyway. If it survives for longer than another few weeks I'll be surprised, with the way things are going. 

He tried to convince me to stay again today, just before I stepped foot in the airport. He offered me a lift there and I knew there should've been more behind the 'I just wanted to see you off' explanation behind it. I told him not to worry, and that if he ever needs anything I'm just a phone call away. Or an email. Perhaps an email would be better, though I doubt he knows how to use a computer… Although he did mention hiring someone to help around on the farm once I'm gone. Perhaps they could teach him if they can somehow get through that stubborn head of his.

Anyway. It's currently 7am. I'm sitting in the airport surrounded by others that are waiting for the same flight as I am, which happens to be delayed by an hour due to the snow. It's ridiculous, really. You'd think that they're more prepared for the cold weather. It's England, after all, surely we should be used to the wind, rain and snow by now? At least I won't get any of that in New York. Once I'm there, it'll be a straight run to the top and nothing to stop me.

I know what you're thinking. 'How do you expect to get rich so quickly?' But trust me, I have a plan, and a very good one at that. It'll work - I just know it. All I have to do is get out there now, that's the struggle… Damned airports…

Actually, saying that, I think that's the boarding call for the flight now. Families with children and the needy first, of course, but soon enough I'll be able to afford business class travel, and there'll be no more of this nonsense.

But I should probably wrap this up now before I have to rush. I'll write again when I land on the other side - there'll no doubt be even more waiting around for my bags and things like that.

Posted by Jason Giles at 07:13.

1 comment:

  1. It's really good Nicki! I really liked it :) It is very short and simple, but explains quite a lot, which is really good, and also leaves a few things unanswered which is really good! :)

    ReplyDelete