Wednesday 23 April 2014

News Programme Recording (4).

In today's news show recording, it was the final group, which consisted of Josh, Rory, Corey, Chris and Ashley in the production team. Once again, my job role was originally to be the runner, but I offered to set up and run the autocue for them seeing as I had done it for the last two weeks and they accepted the offer.

So, at the beginning of the lesson - after untangling some of the wires and leads - I moved the desk with the laptop on out of the way of the cameras and set up the autocue for the group. They gave me a USB with the show's script on it, and I copied it to the laptop before transferring the script to the autocue programme. This then gave me time to edit the script to make it easier for the presenters to read, and I also added prompts in for which camera they should be looking at when they speak, so they knew what to do without having to ask.

I continued to stay at the desk for the rest of the time in the television studio to allow the presenters to do a run through of the show whenever they wanted to rehearse, or in case one of the production team wanted something added/removed from the script.

There wasn't many issues with the show, unlike the others. With the exception of the cameras running out of battery mid way through, everything ran extremely smoothly. The VT clips all worked, and there were no issues with the cameras or the sound, and the only trouble with the lighting seems to be that one light that they wanted to work didn't, and so there was a bit of a shadow on one of the cast members from the camera at some times in the show when a presenter was standing up.

The final recording went extremely well. There wasn't any real problems, and it ran smoother than all of the other groups in my opinion, as well as looking really professional.


No comments:

Post a Comment