Wednesday 29 January 2014

News Programme Live TV Studio

For the other three news programmes, I am a runner in each group. It doesn't particularly leave me much to write about on my blog, seeing as it doesn't have specific assignments each time - it's just helping out when it's needed. At first, I helped make sure that all the camera and sound equipment was out in the recording studio, I connected the wires to the cameras and helped move some of the set, and then then didn't really need me too much anymore and so I asked the producer/directors if I could work on my pre-production work in the other room and they could call me if they needed me again. They said yes to this, and so I spent my time - when I wasn't needed - working on the pre-production work for our group.

When it was time for us to rehearse, it didn't exactly go to plan as Connor said that he had done the script and the set layout for our news show, but it didn't appear on the day. So whilst Connor and Jemma were writing the smallest introduction and ending for the news show that I had ever seen, me and David began working on the set design. We moved the cameras and the furniture around a lot to test out different ideas for set design, before deciding on and settling with the following:


Also, here is out cast and crew list of who is doing what job role in our production:
Producer: Nicola Sinclair.
Director: Jemma Land.
Floor Manager: David Neale.
Script Writer: Connor Sadler.
Art Director: 
Ashley Hodges.
Vision Mixer: Ellis
Sound 1:  Frankie
Sound 2: Deanna
Lighting: Joshua Bates.
Lighting 2: Maddie
Camera 1: 
Chloe Pearce.
Camera 2: Lesley Cross.
Camera 3: Rory
Presenter 1: Steff Preston.

Presenter 2: Joe.
Runner: Corey
Researcher: Chris



Here's also a basic idea of how the show should run, with it being twenty minutes long in total:
-Introduction. [120 seconds/2 minutes]
-VT clip 1. [240 seconds/4 minutes]
-VT clip 2. [240 seconds/4 minutes]
-Advert break. [90 seconds/1.5 minutes]
-New/Live news story. [270 seconds/4.5 minutes]
-VT clip 3. [240 seconds/4 minutes]
-Possible ending? [60 seconds/1 minute?]


All this may change at some point throughout the production if we find that things run better in different ways than what's written here, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment