Wednesday 29 January 2014

News Programme Rehearsals.

In today's lesson one of my job roles in Deanna and Ellis' group was changed to a camera operator, so I feel as though I now have a little more to write about rather than simply stating my duties as a runner for the other three groups.

During Josh's group, I was still a runner, however. The majority of the time, they didn't need me to do anything and so I had to wait around until a job needed to be done, and that ranged from tearing tape for the floor manager to use, seeing as he struggled to do so, to taping the loose wires to the floor to stop people from tripping up and even running up to the technician's office to pick up a boom mic for use in the studio.

In the second half of the lesson though, I was operating a camera. It should have been camera three, although the set up seemed to have gotten mixed up somewhere along the lines and it ended up being camera two instead. 

At first, the camera was positioned here, focusing quite close to the two presenters sitting at the desk.




However, by the end of the session, the camera was positioned further out with a wide shot of the set. The plan is to pan the camera across the set before cutting to one of the other two cameras almost as an intro to the news programme - almost like they do on BBC news.

No comments:

Post a Comment