Thursday 20 March 2014

News Programme Rehearsals (4).

In today’s lesson, two groups rehearsed a full run-through of their show. This included VT clips and intros being played throughout the show at the right times.

In Steph, Chloe and Lesley’s group, I am usually a runner, but because Ellis was not in, I took over the role of vision mixing for the lesson because I had made notes on how to insert clips, and also use the green screen/virtual studio.

They had the intro for their news show made, as well as two VT clips. I inserted these by lending them my USB stick for them to put the clips on, and then inserted them into the tri-caster. They also wanted to use the green screen, and so I inserted a New York skyscraper into the background for them.

Stephanie did not manage to get a copy of the script because her phone battery ran out, and so was not able to tell me exactly when she wanted me to cut to each of the three cameras, and therefore I had to try and do the best job I could by listening to the presenters and when they spoke.

Also, they only had two VT clips so they had to work around that, and just do a run through without all of the clips being inserted. It went well apart from that though, and on the day when Ellis is the vision mixer, it should run smoothly in my opinion.


For the second half of the lesson, I was a runner in Josh’s group. However, one of their camera operators were off sick, and so I took over that job for the rest of the day. There wasn’t much to do except for set it up to be where they wanted it, but it all went well and there was no issues with the cameras at all.









No comments:

Post a Comment