Tuesday 20 May 2014

Actors for "Hope Dies Last."

Today, I finally managed to get in contact with the acting department at the college, and was allowed to speak to their year one drama students about the possibility of acting in my short film. I was rather concerned that no one would be interested in helping me out at all, but the majority of the class seemed to be interested in the idea, and wanted to be a part of it.

After explaining what sort of people I would need, and what the basic idea for the plot was, a surprising amount of people seemed to want to be a part, which made me struggle to choose a couple of the roles that I needed to be filled. Once I did though, I spoke to them separately away from the rest of the class and confirmed that they would be available for filming on Saturday the 31st of May, which they all said they would be. I also went into a little bit more detail about the characters I would like them to play, and other small details. They all seemed quite happy and keen on the idea, and so I took all of their contact details and emailed them with links to my blog, and also arranged to meet them tomorrow during my last lessons to go into more detail about the film.

I'm extremely pleased with my decision on these actors, and think that they'll be perfect for the roles in my film. We also took a photograph for me to put on my blog to be able to explain and show more about my actors.

From left to right, my actors are:
Nathan Barry, playing Luke Jonathan Haines.
Stephanie Evans, playing Atlanta Haines.
Becky Canham, playing Sara Haines.
Jack Turner, playing Jason Haines.
Luke Taylor, playing Christian Penfold.

They all seem like they are going to be extremely fun and good to work with, so I greatly look forwards to rehearsals and the final shoot with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment