Friday 16 May 2014

Short Drama Diary Entry (3).

Upon returning to Kelevdon Hatch on Monday the 12th of May, 2014, I have decided that it would be a perfect location to film in. I have also emailed the owner of the bunker, who has told me there there will be a student fee of £65 for three hours, plus £7 entry fee per attendee, compared to the £100 per hour for normal film companies.

The site has a cafe, toilets, plug sockets and dozens of suitable locations - meaning I should hopefully be able to film my entire short drama there. The only issue is actually getting the actors, crew and equipment there and back. It's too far for me to expect them to hire a taxi, so I will have to arrange transport for everyone at some point soon.

The owner is currently on holiday until tomorrow, but I have dropped him another email stating that I wish to hire out the location for filming. I'm currently awaiting his response. I'm planning to film there on the 31st of May, 2014, which does give me an extremely short amount of time to edit the film, but hopefully I will be able to do it. I'm planning to have a number of rehearsals before the actual day of filming, so when we get there, I'm hoping that everyone will know exactly what they are doing.


On Wednesday, I actually went up and spoke to the acting department on the fifth floor of the college to see if any actors would be available to help with filming my short drama. I spoke to somebody named Alex, who stated that the second years were too busy with their final major projects, but I may be able to have a casting session with the first years on either Monday or Tuesday next week, but I would need to email Sarah Doney about this - which I have done. I am also awaiting a response from her about this, because if they are unavailable, I will need to find actors through some other means.

I feel that actors will be extremely important during my drama. Because it's very character-focused, I get the feeling that if I take on poor actors who cannot pull the script off, it will completely ruin the ideas of the film as the audience won't get the same response from the film as compared to if there were good actors starring in it.

I also have a number of people who are willing to be extras within my short drama. They're people I knew from my old school, and are currently taking acting in a different college, but they seem extremely willing to help me out with my production.


Another issue that I have is that this project is costing me a lot of money to create. I've started a Kickstarter project to try and cover the cost of hiring out the bunker, and I've sent the link around to almost everyone I know. However, so far, I've not received anything through the project, and I'm unsure if it will even work at all. There is seven days left on it still, though, so there may still be some hope for funding.


I still need to finish up with my script and my storyboard, however I have sent the beat sheet to a number of people who think that the idea is ambitious, but good, so I am more confident with this.


I also need to start work on my soundtrack, and figure out exactly what sounds I want to hear within my film. I've made a start on the lighting, however, and I know more or less how I want my lighting to appear on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment